Outdoor Burning Information
October 31st marked the end of the Muskoka Fire Danger rating season for this year. This will conclude the monitoring of the fire danger rating for 2020. Although daytime burning is now allowed, guests are advised to check with the office staff on any open-air burning regulations and restrictions
- Low; Campfires for cooking and warmth only. For every level of this rating chart, there will be No Open Air Burning including incinerators, chimeneas or other burning containers between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. from April 1 to October 31 each year.
Definitions of Ratings:
- Low; Campfires for cooking and warmth only.
- Moderate; Campfires for cooking and warmth only. Carry out any burning with caution.
- High; Avoid campfires, even for cooking and warmth if possible. Fire Danger is serious – use extreme caution.
- Extreme; Total fire ban. No Burning Allowed at any time of the day. No fires, including charcoal barbeques are permitted for cooking or warmth and no fireworks are allowed.