As of March 23, 2020 our Ski Trails are Closed !
Due to melting snow, we are no longer grooming our ski trails. Please check back with us in the winter of 2020 – 2021 for more updates!
The trails at the Limberlost Forest provide access to innumerable special natural features as well as tours around a number of the larger lakes. Guests are encouraged to familiarize themselves with trail guide and safety information before embarking on their day tour.
Access of the Limberlost Forest is available at the main gate located 3 km off of Muskoka Road 8 (Limberlost Road) in Lake of Bays. Limberlost does not permit the recreational use of snowmobiles, ATVs, UTVs, or any gas powered motor boats, however skies are encouraged.
- Just past the gates to Limberlost you’ll find a self serve kiosk on your left-hand side
- Park your car in the designated parking lot
- In the kiosk you’ll find
- a guest parking pass to display in your car
- trail maps
- Read and sign the Safety Waiver.
- To protect visitors and wildlife on the woodland roads, vehicles are required to be left at one of a number of designated parking areas. Each of these are a short walk to the start a skiing trail.
- Feel free to stop by our office on the right hand side 300 meters past the self-serve kiosk for trail information, conditions, and suggestions
Ski trails on the Limberlost Reserve are groomed and qualify as high quality trails. As such, they are suitable for individuals who prefer to enjoy nature at their leisure.
The Limberlost Master Guide contains background information on popular natural features and selected wildlife habitats on the Limberlost property. Donations go directly to Trails Youth Initiatives, who have a Northern Campus at the Limberlost Forest.